This is classic Jisho. The current Jisho is available at jisho.org
Denshi Jisho — Online Japanese dictionary
- KanJisho [English]
- A Chrome extension for quickly looking up words in Jisho.org.
- Jim Breen's Japanese Page [English]
- Home of the WWWJDIC dictionary server, its related dictionary files and a good list of links to pages related to Japan.
- QuickKanji [English]
- Beautiful and easy to use kanji dictionary with list functionality.
- Jeffrey's Japanese⇔English Dictionary Server [English]
- Very customizeable dictionary based on data from WWWJDIC.
- Goo 辞書 [Japanese]
- Online versions of the Daijirin Japanese-Japanese dictionary and the Exceed Japanese-English-Japanese dictionaries.
- Yahoo 辞書 [Japanese]
- Online versions of several Japanese-Japanese and Japanese-English-Japanese dictionaries.
- 英辞郎 [Japanese]
- Japanese-English-Japanese dictionary. Available both online and on CD.
- 2典Plus [Japanese]
- Japanese-Japanese dictionary of Japanese net slang.
- Japanska.se [Swedish]
- Japanese-Swedish-Japanese dictionary with user submissions and corrections.
- Beyond Calligraphy [English]
- A great, well researched and copiously illustrated guide to kanji and kana etymology.
Blogs on Japanese
- Tofugu [English]
- Wonky Japanese Language and Culture.
- Nihongojouzu [English]
- "Stuff for learning Japanese"
- nihongo.3yen.com [English]
- "Learn Japanese langauge and study Japanese grammar." By the same author as A Japanese guide to Japanese grammar.
Other useful resources
- PopJisyo [English]
- Feed it a website and then hover over a Japanese or English word to have a translation immediately pop up.
- Rikai [English]
- Same idea as PopJisyo with some extra features.
- Rikaichan [English]
- Extension for Firefox providing Rikai-functionality directly from the browser.
- JGram [English]
- User edited database of Japanese grammar.
- Sci.lang.japan [English/Japanese]
- The sci.lang.japan newsgroup. Interesting discussions about the Japanese language.
- Sci.lang.japan FAQ [English]
- A list of questions and answers about the Japanese language from the Usenet newsgroup sci.lang.japan.
- 日本語表現文型辞典 [Japanese]
- Explanations and examples of almost 500 expressions.
- Charles Kelly's Online Japanese Language Study Materials [English]
- Lot's of online study material and a good collection of links to other Japanese resources.
- A Japanese guide to Japanese grammar [English]
- "This site explains Japanese grammar in a systematic step-by-step process /.../"
- A Logical Japanese Grammar [English]
- Explanations of Japanese grammar.
- Four-Character Idiomatic Compounds [English]
- Comprehensive list of over 3000 four character compunds (yojijukugo) with readings and English explanations.
- Language Exchange Project [English]
- "Language Exchange Project is a simple and intuitive website to find a language exchange partner, pen pal or friend."
- Flashcard Tree [English]
- Online English/Japanese flashcard (SRS, spaced repetition system) application with dictionary.